Monday, June 3, 2013

My Summer Nail Polish Picks

Hi guys! I decided to make this blog in December... Since then I have been slaking a lot obviously. I'm thinking of making videos! Does that sound good? I'm getting a MacBook soon, and I would rather try to edit on that then this computer. Anyways, today I'm going to tell you my summer nail picks that I have been wearing a lot lately. I had a crazy amount of homework so I'm just going to look up swatches online, but I won't always do this! Next post is going to be my May favorites. Hopefully that will be up in the next couple days. Look forward to it!

The first one is Essie's Bottle Service which is from the new summer collection along wit DJ Play that Song, Saturday Disco Fever, Shake Your $$ Maker, and Boom Boom Room. I can review the whole collection if it is wanted. Bottle Service is a bright pink which is vivid, but not crazy neon pink. I love this polish because it makes you look tan, and it isn't one of those neon pinks where you have to apply what seems like 500 coats. It stays for a long time, and topped with my favorite top coat Seche Vite it so shiny that it looks wet.

The next one is Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in 02 Crushed. It is a beautiful bright metallic orange that also makes you look very tan. It is a color that is pretty much only acceptable in the summer, because if you wore it in the winter you would look beyond crazy. The only problem that I have with this is that it took a while to dry... however I ran out of dry fast top coat, and mine is sticky because I have had it so long. Basically disregard that last comment. The price is VERY reasonable (2 bucks at Target!) and the quality is great.

The next polish is Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Anime nail polish, and to start this formula is... beyond amazing. I can't express it. One coat and you have Barbie, bubblegum pink on your nails. You can get this polish online at their website, their store in New York City, or a IMATS. It is much lighter than Bottle Service and brighter. Basically the most neon hot pink you will ever see. Some hot pinks dry matte, this one dries fast and shiny... basically no top coat needed. This is PERFECT for your toes, (so far I have reapplied it on my toes 3 times!) it makes your feet look tan and it draws attention to them!


 Here comes another Essie Polish... Butler Please! Butler Please is a polish new to Essie this year too. When I saw this polish I just about fainted. It is a bright royal blue with no glitter. There is 2 problems I have with this polish... firstly, it smells HORRIBLE. Like HORRIBLE, Seche Vite horrible. I don't know if it is the beautiful intensity of the polish or something, but not all Essie polishes smell that bad. Secondly the first coat is vverrryyyy streaky. It's like I put water on my nails before. I thought maybe my base coat didn't dry all the way, but next time I put it on I waited 15 minutes, and same thing happened. However, after the second coat it looked PERFECT and it stayed for a while after.


 Now for an OPI pick! The color is You're Such a Budapest... How cute is that name?! I cannot handle how gorgeous this color is.. Like 10 friends have borrowed this color from me. It is a light periwinkle with SLIGHT shimmer and honestly, it makes your nails look like a million bucks. I always wear it with Butter London Knackered which I will talk about next. If you know anything about nail polish you know that O.P.I has amazing formula... It stays for days and is a great investment!


Next up is... Butter London Knackered! This is a sheer color but with 3 coats it is semi opaque... however, that is not productive is it? I paint my nails O.P.I You're Such A Budapest and top it with this, honestly it looks amazing. So amazing I can't handle it. It is a purple and blue glitter duo chrome... it is worth the steep 15 dollar Butter London price. Sometimes a girl has to treat herself. ;) Anyways this polish last very long, and isn't goopy. It is a great way to spice up your blue and purple polishes.


 Essie In The Cab-ana. OMIGOD. This polish is perfect for summer. It is a bright turquoise blue. It is part of the Essie resort collection and I believe the best out of it. I cannot believe I have lived without wearing it every single day. Thank you Polish Gods for sending this down from Heaven. With one coat you are set, it is shiny, and not prone to chips. Go out to CVS and pick it up now!


Thank you for reading guys! XOXO, Nikki
*None of the Swatches are Mine















No comments:

Post a Comment